- Full control of the utility's process flow.
- Ability to do conditional branching.
- Perform verb for structure command logic.
- Call exits for user program tasks.
- Restart verb to reset files to beginning for multiple passes.
- Epilogue for EOJ processing.
- Return-Code, SQLCODE, IDMS-STATUS settings
- Supports DB2, DLI, IDMS, Datacomm, VSAM, QSAM VB or FB.
- PDS processing for scans, updates, merges, xref, and compares.
- LIBRARIAN and PANVALET structures for scans, xref, and compares.
- Up to 99 input or output files may be processed at a time.
- Record selection and deletion from a file.
- File synchronization to process like keys of up to 99 files.
- Dynamic file dataset name and device allocation capabilities
- Counters on input and output files.
- Move, add, subtract, format conversion, masking, numeric testing.
- Edit verb to automatically shift left/right values.
- String/unstring of characters.
- Scan tests for selecting, replacing, or replacing with offset.
- Exhibit verb to display values of fields.
- Test data builder.
- Ability to modify record length sizes & formats.
- Data encryption of records, fields, individual pds members.
SPECIAL FEATURES/REPORT FORMATS:
- Character print report of records..
- Hexadecimal print of records (vertical & horizontal).
- Source code compare to locate added, deleted, or moved stmts.
- Data file compare and hex print of their differences.
- Compress/decompress to save storage space of records.
- Cross reference of data names for entire application systems.
- 50,000 word spell checking dictionary facility.
BenchR01 - Edit and process messages
BenchR02 - Character printed records
BenchR03 - Vertically dumped records
BenchR04 - Horizontally dumped records
BenchR05 - Vertical dump of compared records
BenchR06 - Compared source code
BenchR07 - Xref data names report
BenchR08 - Statistics of the run
SUMMARY OF VERBS
ADD accumulation of fields either binary, packed, display.
- CALL transfer control to user-written module passing fields.
- COMPARE tests for record differences and highlights changes.
- COMPRESS squeeze duplicate characters of a record to save space.
- COMPSRC request a source code compare.
- CVTBIN converts packed or display numeric field to binary.
- CVTCHAR converts packed or binary field to character display.
- CVTDEC converts binary or display numeric fields to packed.
- DECODE restores encrypted data.
- DECOMPRESS to unsqueeze a compressed file.
- DEFAREA allocates memory scratch pads for record building or field work space.
- DEFINES assigns names to WORKAREA and file variables to aid process.
- DELETE allows an input record to be marked as deleted which will prevent further processing of that record.
- DIVIDE provides numeric computational divide functions.
- DLILINK creates linkage for DLI processing.
- DUMP same as DUMPV.
- DUMPH dumps a record in horizontal hex format (similar to core dumps).
- DUMPV dumps a record in vertical hex format.
- DYNALLOC dynamic allocation of file datasets. Allows variable file names to be created.
- DYNCLOSE closes a dynamic file.
- DYNOPEN opens a dynamic file.
- EDIT moves data into smaller or larger fields with shift.
- ENCODE provides encryption processing.
- ENTRY allows for DLI processor control.
- EXHIBIT displays fields.
- GOTO allows branching to tags defined by user and EOJ stop routine.
- IF provides for conditional processing based on data tests and file indicators.
- IFX same as IF except does not do numeric conversions.
- LOADSRC loads source code and compares.
- MASKAND mask bit test to "AND" the bits.
- MASKOR mask bit test to "OR" the bits.
- MOVE allows an input file to be modified for processing.
- MOVEN converts automatically numeric fields to receiving format.
- MOVEX same as MOVE except limited within the record bounds.
- MULTIPLY provides computational multiply functions.
- PACK moves a display numeric field into a packed field.
- PERFORM to perform a Workbench(tm) subroutine.
- PRINT prints a record in character format.
- READ allows an input file to be defined and one record read.
- READLIB define and read a Librarian (tm) member group.
- READPAN define and read a Panvalet (tm) member group.
- READPDS allows PDS member processing in groups as requested.
- RESTART repositions file at the first record for multiple pass processing.
- RETURN to exit a performed return.
- SCAN searches record for any occurrence of a given data value.
- SCANSTEP searches record for a given value and sets a location pointer (starts at current position pointer +1).
- SCANTEST searches for a given value and sets a location pointer (always starts at position 1).
- SPELL spell checking with 50,000 word dictionary.
- STRING to combine several fields into a single field.
- SUBTRACT subtraction of fields either binary, packed, display or any combination.
- SYNC special read matches keys of multiple files.
- UNPACK moves packed field into a display format field.
- UNSTRING to separate a character string into individual fields.
- WRITE allows an output to be defined and one record written.
- WRITEPDS allows PDS member record to be written.
- XREF releases a record to the cross reference report.
- XREFDSN cross reference facility for data set names.
(tm) Librarian is a trademark of Computer Associates & Applied Data Research, Inc.
Panvalet is a trademark of Computer Associates & Pansophic, Inc.
SUMMARY OF DB2 VERBS
- DB2-CONNECT requests attach of DB2 environment.
- DB2-DISCONNECT requests release of DB2 resources.
- EXEC SQL SQL statement request.
SUMMARY OF IDMS VERBS
- ACCEPT to access statistics information.
- BIND to declare resource usage.
- COMMIT to commit updates and release locks.
- ERASE to delete a record.
- FIND to locate but not receive record data elements.
- FINISH to release and terminate IDMS resources.
- GET to transfer data elements located with the FIND verb.
- IDMS-CONNECT to physically relate a detail record with its parent set.
- IDMS-DISCONNECT to disconnect a record from a set.
- IDMS-IF will test existence of detail records in a set.
- IDMS-RETURN returns dbkey information.
- KEEP places a record lock on data retrieved.
- MODIFY updates a given record.
- OBTAIN locates and transfer record data elements to the program.
- READY declares record and area usage.
- ROLLBACK backs off any updates to the last commit point.
- STORE inserts a new record to the database.
Download 90 day trial version of Workbench(tm) version 6.17 [265k]
e-mail questions and comments to: John R Mull